Dog is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented QA Tester to join our technical team. You will be responsible for both manual and automated testing of multiple web and mobile sites and applications for our range of global clients. A knowledge of both functional and non-functional testing techniques is required.
As a QA Tester, you must understand the software development life cycle and ensure the quality of projects throughout, from development to deployment and post release. You will be responsible for conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers meets functional, visual, accessibility, security, and performance requirements and best practices. You will need to know which types of testing methods and techniques are required for any given project to correctly scope and estimate QA work.
As you will be working on multiple projects at any one time, you must have an aptitude to work independently, learn quickly, and retain domain knowledge. You will be expected to clearly and correctly communicate steps to reproduce defects in written form, and to analyse and report on defect data in both written and verbal communications. You will be interacting with developers, designers, project managers, and even customers regularly, so a collaborative, client service orientation is required.
A minimum of one year of experience in a similar role is required. As a core Dog value, learning in the role is key and training will be given where required. You'll be supported in your learning by senior staff and report directly to our Head of Development.
- Test CMS-based websites on Umbraco and Sitecore platforms, as well as bespoke applications in C# .NET and APIs, leveraging a range of functional and non-functional testing skills
- Clearly and accurately report defects to developers, content editors, and other team members
- Scope and estimate work, determining testing approach, generating test plans and acceptance tests
- Execute test plans, meeting milestones and estimates to deliver projects on time
- Keep up-to-date on technologies related to job role, proactively and as directed
- Contribute to team meetings to share knowledge with the team and company
- A wide range of functional and non-functional testing skills, such as accessibility testing, compatibility testing, functional testing, performance testing, security testing, usability testing, etc.
- Experience with automation tools, such as Selenium WebDriver, Python, and C#
- Familiarity with continuous integration servers such as TeamCity and Jenkins
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on customer service at all times
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Podio, JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Ability and willingness to engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner
- An eye for detail and a stickler for perfection – keep us on our toes and ensure we’re delivering our best!
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “QA Tester Vacancy”. Even if you don’t have all of the required skills, we encourage you to apply as training is available.