Motion Graphics Designer
A rare opportunity to join the Dog team, within our busy creative team. This role will allow you to work across our full suite of clients; delivering excellence in motion, editing and advertising.
You’ll report directly to our Head of Creative Content, working within a team of makers in social media, copywriting, content design, strategy and art direction. Your role will be to help deliver on our big ideas, executing enticing work across owned, earned and paid channels.
Your background is creative, you’ll be digital first. Ideally, you’ll have a good knowledge of marketing channels – specifically across social media and display advertising- however you will work closely with our teams in media, customer experience and social activation daily.
We expect our Dogs to be as enthusiastic as they are skilled; our teams work collaboratively together across all briefs, so come brimming with ideas you’re willing to share.
You’ll be a senior member of our pack; expected to communicate with our clients with ease. With such experience, we’d also expect you to enjoy sharing your knowledge with the team and help mentor those you work closely with.
Ultimately, you love what you do, you love a challenge and you are excited to shape our client’s briefs into engaging, creative, successful pieces of content.
Sound like you?
- You have a strong experience in online advertising, social media and digital content creation
- Creation and/or refinement of motion graphic elements for content including video, animation and advertising
- Use of Adobe Animate, After Effects, Photoshop and Google Web Designer
- Editing of raw video footage to enhance final output
- Ability to storyboard and work with copywriting team from initial concept
- Creation of HTML5 advertising formats and working with our trafficking team to deliver via AdOps systems including Sizmek and Google Ad Manager
- Creation of motion advertising for OOH, broadcast and web projects – working with the wider team to deliver across these mediums
- Creation of engaging social content – using motion to engage various audiences
- An extensive knowledge of typography, colour, imagery and creative styling
- Participation in brainstorming exercises, client inspiration sessions and continually sharing new design perspectives
- Ability to get under the skin of our client’s businesses; understanding their needs and brand guidelines to best deliver
- Liaison with production managers (Project Management, Traffic Manager, AdOps) to spec and deadline
- Work with Creative Content team on clients in industries such as entertainment, sport, drinks and tourism.
You’re right for us if:
- You’re ready to shape this role and our client’s briefs
- You’re a self-starter and can work on solo creative as well as direct the output of others; you’ll roll up your sleeves and lead by example in your output
- Your core desire is the delivery of creative ideation for clients that works for their audiences
- You’ll inspire our clients and our internal teams
- You love to share ideas and enthuse
- You’re part of our open culture with a focus on ongoing development and career progression
- You will have an eye on emerging technology and new platforms, and enthusiastic about applying innovative thinking and solutions for our clients
- You will have exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate business at all levels
What is life like here?
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere we’re a team who pride ourselves on working well together.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have several Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global; therefore, we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands in beauty, drinks, finance and entertainment. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV and any supplementary portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Motion Graphics Vacancy”.
No agencies please.