Middleweight .Net Web Developer
We are the look out for a talented middleweight .NET web developer to join our technical team in Glasgow. Ideally coming with existing Umbraco or Sitecore experience, but essentially with a core .NET capability, the successful individual will become part of a fantastic team of some of the best developers in the business, working to create brilliant digital experiences for global brands.
The successful candidate will be expected work hands-on scoping, developing, realising, launching and supporting projects, using a range of server-side technologies and CMS platforms. To work as part of the wider development, project teams, and wider company to advise and collaborate, and to deliver work of a high standard for Dog’s clients.
You'll be experienced, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role. As a core Dog value, learning in the role is key and training will be given where required. You'll be supported in your learning by senior developers and report directly to our Head of Development.
- Development of, and maintenance to, CMS websites on Umbraco and Sitecore platforms, bespoke applications in C# .NET and APIs
- Ensuring code produced by you can be shared and re-used by others where appropriate
- Ensuring your work is written to best practice and passes internal testing and UAT
- Working to project plans, milestones and estimates to deliver projects and changes on time
- Owning and ensuring resolution of assigned support issues, within agreed timescales
- Scoping and estimating of projects and changes within the remit of the technology when required.
- Working with project managers and client services team; ensuring proper documentation and client milestones are met
- Assisting in the training and development of our junior development team; you'll be happy to help and have a real enthusiasm for assisting others.
- Keeping up-to-date on technologies related to job role, pro-actively and as directed
- Contributing to team meetings to share knowledge with the team and company
- Meeting with clients in general to discuss, demonstrate and advise on project work
- Monitoring own workload to advise, in advance, areas for concern.
- Sitecore 8+ (to v9) – desirable
- Umbraco CMS 7+ - desirable
- C#, .NET Web Forms & MVC
- GIT, SourceTree, version control systems
- IIS 7+
- Azure and Azure DevOps - desirable
Additional Skills & Attributes
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on customer service at all times
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Podio, JIRA, Synergist etc (required specific platform training will be given)
- Ability and willingness to engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV and any supplementary portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Developer Vacancy”