Lead .NET Developer
Dog is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Lead .NET Developer/Sitecore Lead to join our fantastic technical practice in Glasgow, working to create brilliant digital experiences for global brands.
Let’s not beat around the bush: you’re at the top of your game as an experienced Sitecore developer. You’re like a Timex watch: you’ve taken the beating and you keep on ticking – in fact, thriving in the ever-changing world of technology. You take pleasure in delivering elegant solutions for clients, enjoy helping other developers learn and grow, and eagerly keep abreast of developments in the field.
At Dog, you’ll participate in the full life cycle of projects – including scoping, development, and launch – but with a greater focus on ensuring the right architectural approach and accurate delivery through oversight of other developers’ work. You’ve successfully delivered a variety of Sitecore solutions and features, including difficult upgrades, headless CMS projects, and personalisation. You can help our team adopt test-driven development (TDD), ensure we’re following Git flow, and help us improve the creation of easy-to-read and well-documented code. You’re very comfortable working on multiple projects, both internal and client-facing, at any one time, and ensuring all are progressing smoothly. You’re also at ease communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, internal and client-facing. You see yourself as a trusted advisor who values communication and collaboration, willing to address concerns and offer options and alternatives at a moment’s notice.
This role reports directly to our Head of Development.
- Architect, develop, and maintain Sitecore CMS-based websites and applications, meeting time, cost, and quality commitments
- Contribute to sites built on Umbraco CMS, as well as bespoke applications and custom REST APIs in C# .NET
- Help draft and ensure the code our team produces meets our coding standards
- Lead the team in adopting other best practices and technologies, such as TDD, and champion R&D initiatives to increase our capabilities
- Scope and estimate work, determining the best approach/solution to meet the requirements and constraints of the brief
- Deliver work on schedule and budget, meeting milestones and estimates
- Collaborate with project teams and with clients to discuss, demonstrate, and advise on work
- Keep up-to-date on technologies related to job role, proactively and as directed
- Contribute to team meetings to share knowledge with the team and company
- Expert in Sitecore 7, 8, and 9
- Experience with Umbraco 6+
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including C#, ASP.NET MVC, TSQL, and IIS 7+
- Experience with version control systems, including git, and branch management
- Experience with continuous integration servers such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, and Jenkins
- Experience with nuget and npm package management, and front-end development tooling
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a desire to find pragmatic solutions
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on customer service at all times
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Podio, JIRA
- Ability and willingness to engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Lead Developer Vacancy”. Please list your Sitecore certifications, and any other certifications you have.