Junior Developer (Graduate)
A fantastic opportunity to join Dog and begin your career with our award-winning development team. As a Junior Developer (Graduate) you will be working in a team of like-minded developers at all levels, linking closely with our QA, design, UX, content and analytics teams to deliver best in class projects. Our clients are varied and global – coming from sectors including finance, entertainment, sport, beauty, drinks and automotive – and we work closely with each client to collaborate and meet expectations.
You’ll be that great mix of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn – you’re ultimately a team player and will learn on the tools, as well as having access to internal and external training courses where required. Dog’s core values are all about continual growth and development of our people, and your actions will display this.
This role is the stepping-stone to a strong career with Dog; and is part of our commitment to opportunities for those looking to begin their career in technology.
This role reports directly to an assigned Senior Developer who will act as line manager and mentor.
- Development of and maintenance to CMS websites on Umbraco and Sitecore platforms, bespoke applications in C# .NET and APIs;
- Work closely with Frontend Development, QA and Head of Development
- Ensuring code produced by you can be shared and re-used by others where appropriate;
- Ensuring your work is written to best practice and passes internal testing and UAT;
- Working to project plans, milestones and estimates to deliver projects and changes on time;
- Owning and ensuring resolution of assigned support issues, within agreed timescales;
- Ongoing learning and development time will be given;
- Have an interest and willingness to learn more about technology;
- Contribute to team meetings, share knowledge within your team and the company;
- Monitor your workload and priorities and raise concerns in advance;
- Work with Project Management team on the effective delivery of all projects.
What is life like here?
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere. We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one.
Our clients are global therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Graduate Developer” telling us why you’re the candidate for this role.