We are on the hunt for an experienced Financial Assistant to join our finance team, based in Glasgow City Centre. You will play a central role in our agency, reporting directly to our Financial Controller.
The role holder should be proactive, assertive, calm under pressure with strong communication skills.
You’ll be happy working as part of a team, working collaboratively to deliver accuracy as standard. Whilst training will be given on internal systems, we are keen for the role holder to join brimming with ideas to make our financial reporting, management and MI flourish.
Core requirements for this role are:
- Maintenance of a comprehensive list of Creditor balances
- Maintenance of a comprehensive list of Debtor balances
- To support monthly payroll processing
- Proactive management of the bank accounts
- Processing & submission of quarterly VAT returns
- To support the Financial Controller during annual audit
- MI close journals
- Interaction with all areas of the business including the senior management team
- Ad-hoc projects as required
Accounting and reporting practical experience
- Good technical knowledge of accounting/reporting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise responsibilities
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with senior management
- Experience of Sage would be advantageous
- Experience of Synergist (agency job costing and financial system) would be advantageous
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills would be advantageous
What is life like here?
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere we’re a team who pride ourselves on working well together.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have several Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global; therefore, we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands in beauty, drinks, finance and entertainment. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Financial Assistant Vacancy”.
No agencies please.