Dog Digital is looking to hire a Technical Support Manager to work as an integral part of the Development & QA Team. Our team builds a variety of web sites and applications for clients in many commercial sectors and provides hosting and support for the same. We are looking for someone to join the team and support our work and our clients, someone who is eager to gain first-hand experience with client support and communications, QA testing, and front-end and back-end development.
This is a full-time role which is normally based in our Glasgow office (we are working remotely at present and are moving towards a hybrid arrangement in the future.) You would be provided with a laptop and related devices to facilitate remote working. This role reports to the Head of Development & QA, with work jointly managed by the Head of Operations.
The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a service- and action-orientated mindset, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and a curiosity about technical challenges and the software development process. This role will be the first point of contact for support for a number of clients, and will co-ordinate developer work as required to produce answers and solutions. The support manager will collaborate with multiple project teams and departments to oversee the resolution of issues providing excellent client communication throughout the process and escalating where appropriate. Support managers ensure that the work that is being delivered is within Support SLAs, within client budget, timelines and has been quality assured.
A strong desire to grow your technical skills, leading to a career as a QA Tester or Developer, is our preferred candidate. No prior experience is necessary.
If this role sounds right for you, please fill out the accompanying Google Form along with your application.
- Develop strong internal and client relationships to build trust of delivery from all stakeholders.
- Manage the client relationship for support by leading the onboarding process, conducting regular support review calls, monitoring and escalating support tickets, and providing regular reports.
- Manage the budgets of Support, working with CS and Head of Operations to flag overruns early or requirements for increasing contracts.
- Act as the first-tier technical support for client issues, able to gather sufficient information to understand the problem, reproduce it, and fix or resolve it whenever possible.
- When needed, work with members of the Development and QA team to obtain information needed to resolve the issue, or assign resources to fix the issue.
- As technical skills grow and as support scheduling allows, contribute to the QA and/or Development team project work.
- Excellent organisational skills: You need to be highly organised to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously and to a high standard whilst keeping all parties updated.
- Technical skills: You need to be proficient with a number of technologies and tools to facilitate the process of triaging issues, identifying the likely root cause, and assigning the right technical resource to resolve the issue – if you are not able to resolve the issue yourself. A basic understanding of front-end development will be needed, as well as experience with standard office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Team).
- Communication skills: You need to be able to communicate clearly and simply to clients, often translating very technical terminology or processes to non-digital stakeholders.
- Budget management: You need to be able track support hours against work required and flag risks to internal leads and to clients.
- Resource management: You need to identify and appoint the correct resource and brief them as and when issues arise.
- A positive attitude and focus on customer service at all times.
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days' annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.