Dog is looking for a Technical Lead to join our technical practice which is based in Glasgow. This role allows for hybrid remote work and reports directly to our Head of Development.
The technical lead is responsible for the delivery of our projects, but that doesn't mean that you'll spend all (or even most) of your time in code and servers. The technical lead is a facilitator, coach, and problem solver. While a technical lead should still be comfortable writing code, their primary role is to fully understand a client’s business needs and technical challenges, design a suitable solution (balancing cost/time/quality), and ensure that the deliverables from our development and QA teams meet the requirements and our quality standards.
Candidates must have hands-on experience and/or be able to demonstrate success having led projects with our technology stack (listed below) or similar tools:
- HTML and CSS/Sass - semantic, responsive, accessible, etc.
- CMS platforms: Umbraco and Sitecore
- eCommerce platforms: Ucommerce and Shopify
- Razor and Liquid for theme/template development
- Microsoft technologies including C#, ASP.NET MVC, and TSQL
- Microsoft DevOps for requirements, code, and deployment management
- Azure and Netlify for hosting
Candidates will be asked to describe their experience in the following:
- Translating vague client requests into clear, executable requirements
- Leading and coaching cross-disciplinary teams in the on-time/on-scope delivery of projects
- Ensuring quality of output, including documentation/easy-to-read code, meeting accessibility conformance requirements and performance (page speed) targets, and ensuring cross-browser/platform compatibility
- Guiding content decisions as related to CMS configuration to make great content editor experiences
- Designing RESTful APIs and database schemas, and ensuring quick performance of solutions
- Evaluating and learning new technologies quickly, and sharing that knowledge
We expect everyone at Dog to: ensure the quality and accuracy of their work, demonstrate a commitment to getting the job done, be accountable, assist and coach others, and communicate proactively.
If you're looking for an environment that will expose you to a variety of clients, problem domains, and technologies while supporting you in learning and growing your skills, consider this opportunity with Dog!
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
We offer a hybrid work arrangement, all the kit to work comfortably from home, flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), private healthcare, increased pension scheme contributions with years of service, a variety of team training resources plus training budget, Wellness Mondays, in-office perks and reduced city centre parking costs.