Dog is looking for a talented PPC and SEO Manager to join our marketing team in delivering expert search leadership and delivery across paid, technical and organic SEO projects and campaigns to support both clients with search strategy and the team with developing opportunities through search insight.
Dog’s client set spans a wide range of industry sectors from finance to drinks, entertainment and energy, so there is the opportunity to work on various campaign types and industries daily.
- Running technical search audits on existing and prospective clients to suggest required technical SEO improvements
- Working with technical teams to delivered detailed briefs on what is required for new-build sites, as it pertains to SEO best practices
- Auditing existing content, and identifying content gaps to increase organic traffic for clients
- Analysing backlink profiles and planning strategy to increase client footprint in this area
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments in the organic and paid search space
- Reporting to clients on results of SEO & PPC activity
- Planning paid search strategies across a wide range of ad formats and platforms, including text ads, responsive ads, call ads, shopping ads on Google, Bing and Amazon
- Optimising existing client search accounts for improvements on an ongoing basis, there is no such thing as a “finished” paid PPC campaign!
- Analysing competitive landscape on PPC platforms and using this to help inform new business and client upselling opportunities
- Looking for synergies between organic and paid search approaches where possible, and educating clients on benefits of this approach
- Reporting to clients on results of PPC activity
- There is scope for the right candidate to take an active part in shaping strategy across other data-driven channels, mainly paid social, display/programmatic & CRM management
- Raising the profile of organic search and PPC within the agency.
- Taking part in new business pitches
Essential Experience Required
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the digital marketing industry, primarily coming from a search background
- Love of sorting and collating information in a way that is necessary to deliver excellent user journeys on SEO and PPC channels
- Strong organisation and time management, both reacting to assignments from the client services team, or direct from the client and self-planning deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and will value the importance of good insight and research to drive decision making.
- Flexibility with working hours, working a set hours pattern will not always be possible, especially during busy periods for the team.
- Strong focus on customer service always.
- Team player, at ease with internal stakeholders from junior to senior levels, and willing to roll up your sleeves and work collaboratively.
The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of most, if not all of these packages:
- Google Search Console
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Keyword Planner
- SEM Rush
- Google lighthouse
- Google My Business
- Bing Places for Business
- Google Ads
- Microsoft Ads
- Amazon PPC
- Search Ads 360
- Google Analytics
- CSS software (Google Merchant Centre or equivalent)
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.