Dog is looking for a Media Executive to join our paid media team in Glasgow to assist in delivering multi-channel campaigns and provide more capacity for the team to deliver new business opportunities.
Dog’s client set spans a wide range of industry sectors from finance to entertainment and energy, so there is the opportunity to work on various campaign types and industries daily. Our clients are active in lots of different platforms including traditional broadcast, print, outdoor and digital and we are looking for someone who has the ambition to work across all channels!
Due to the quick turnaround requirements of some campaign briefs we receive from clients, we are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who is comfortable organising their time to meet tight deadlines and is willing to work irregular hours from time-to-time to support the team in busy periods.
Five qualities for success in this role
- Enthusiastic and proactive for learning about new media platforms
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Strong attention to detail
- A real team player
- Minimum 1 year experience in the marketing industry, specifically paid campaigns
- Under guidance of senior team members, you will be part of developing solutions to client briefs using core media channels, in a way that strongly delivers against the client’s stated objectives.
- Assisting senior media team members with reporting for large clients/campaigns.
- Developing relationships with media suppliers and publishers to ensure Dog delivers great rates on media buys and access to new ad platforms/technology.
- Liaising with finance department to complete necessary campaign administration.
- Keeping up to date with new formats and advertising opportunities in the media landscape, both online and offline
- Led by senior team members, you will assist the team in delivering short-notice requests from clients.
- Writing ad copy for advertising campaigns (primarily Facebook, Instagram & Twitter)
- Effectively demonstrating learnings from training on an ongoing basis
- Assisting in client-facing presentations and strategy documents
Required Skills & Attributes
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in the marketing industry, primarily coming from paid media background, rather than organic or PR.
- Strong organisation and time management, both reacting to assignments from senior team members, direct from the client and self-planning deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and will value the importance of good insight and research to drive media decision making.
- Good with numbers; planning and monitoring correct spend of budget is key to this role and requires ability to learn and understand agency commission formulas.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, especially Facebook & Google
- Good writing skills, for communication with clients and writing copy as part of ad campaigns.
- Flexibility with working hours, working a set hours pattern will not always be possible, especially during busy periods for the team.
- Strong focus on customer service always.
- Team player, at ease with internal stakeholders from junior to senior levels, and willing to roll up your sleeves and work collaboratively.
- Willingness to spend time developing relationships with suppliers, sometimes this will involve after-work hours events (you will also get taken out for lunches!)
Additional Skills & Attributes
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal.
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use Excel as well as standard office software – Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability and willingness to engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner.
What is life like here?
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere we’re a team who pride ourselves on working well together.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have several Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global; therefore, we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands in beauty, drinks, finance and entertainment. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and with current remote working conditions, we speak across countries regularly.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV and any supplementary information to our HR Manager - Lisa Bonner (email@example.com). No agencies please.