We are looking for an experienced, technically strong, IT Infrastructure Manager who is happy to work in a fast-paced, creative and innovative digital agency based in Glasgow.
This is a senior, hands-on operational role and as such we are looking for someone with the skill set and vision to drive our systems strategy forward and ensure we remain at the forefront as technology changes.
This is a client-facing role, so requires someone who is able to demystify and simplify IT/technology terms and jargon for non-technical people when required, as well as talk in detailed technical terms to peers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a Systems Support Analyst and our entire IT estate, both internal as well as external web hosting and administration through Azure and other hosting partners, so web hosting experience is essential. We are primarily a Microsoft house, but some knowledge of Linux and MacOS would be preferable. You will ideally have recent IT security implementation experience to ensure our own systems and those we manage for blue chip clients are well maintained, safe and secure.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading digital agency and to work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Installation and management of Windows 2012r2 and 2016 Servers
- Active Directory (User account management, group policy, AD Sync, DNS, DCHP)
- Microsoft Office 365 implementation and administration
- PC support/maintenance (Windows 7 / 10, Linux and macOS) both hardware and software
- Remote IT administration for our London office (TeamViewer/RDP)
- Back-up servers (Veeam)
- Managing Software licensing
- Scripting (Batch Powershell)
- Installation and Support - Virtualisation (ESXi/VMWare vcentre)
- Installation and Support - SQL database management
- Firewall (Meraki - Desirable)
- Web application vulnerability awareness (OWASP top 10)
- Anti-virus software (and server) - preferably with Falcon Crowdstrike
- Web hosting for live websites and development environments (Lamp, Wimp, MS IIS) – IaaS, PaaS on Azure plus IaaS various providers
- Azure DevOps plus general DevOps practices (desirable)
- Dedicated web server management – Azure plus various other providers
- GDPR & Data Protection awareness
- Governance, risk and compliance experience (desirable)
- SIEM & Vulnerability scanning using Alienvault (desirable)
What's life like at Dog?
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT Infrastructure Manager Vacancy”. Please also include information on any certifications you may have.