The Head of Marketing is a senior strategic and client-facing role providing consultancy, direction to the team and key clients. You will be leading a team of experts inspiring them to develop their own skills and potential. Due to the fluid nature of the business, we offer partial home working, however the ideal Head of Digital Marketing will be based out of our Glasgow HQ. The position holds an attractive salary and benefits package.
- Supporting the New Business function during the pitch process
- Identify opportunities within existing client accounts and to propose, plan and pitch compelling ideas and strategies
- Develop and implement client digital marketing strategy across SEO, Paid Search, Media, Content Marketing and Social Media.
- Deliver value added strategic consultancy and work closely with clients to deliver digital marketing campaigns and digital marketing services
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams
- Responsible for upholding excellence in delivery; defines and achieves KPIs
- Responsible for ensuring effective budget management and account profitability services
- Line managing and performance managing of the digital marketing team.
- Train and mentor members of the team in digital marketing skills
- Stays up to date on best practices, techniques and current trends on digital marketing and measurement
- Continually shares knowledge with team members to enhance the collective knowledge
- Contribute to further develop the agency proposition, working collaboratively with the directors
- Work with wider team to develop our digital marketing proposition
Essential Experience Required
- Extensive experience developing and delivering omnichannel marketing strategies & campaigns
- Degree in relevant or inspiring discipline
- Digital agency experience
- In-depth experience in SEM channels, social platforms & content marketing
- Creative in your approach to problem solving and idea generation
- Highly commercial with strong strategic consultancy skills
- A strong leader with the skills and aptitude to develop, grow and motivate a team
- A clear and articulate communicator with the ability to simplify the complex
- Highly collaborative, yet with the ability to self-motivate and work independently
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.