Dog is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Full Stack Web Developer to join our technical practice in Glasgow. You could become part of a fantastic team of some of the best developers in the business, working to create brilliant digital experiences for global brands.
The successful candidate will have a background in Microsoft .NET but be open to learning and using a range of front-end tools, back-end technologies, and CMS platforms. Ideally, you will have experience in test-driven development (TDD), Git flow, and already understand the value of easy-to-read and well-documented code.
As you will be working on multiple projects at any one time, you must have an aptitude to work independently, learn quickly, and retain domain knowledge. You will be expected to think creatively and clearly communicate options in the face of obstacles. You will be interacting with developers, designers, project managers, and even customers regularly, so a collaborative, client service orientation is required.
- Develop and maintain CMS-based websites on Umbraco and Sitecore platforms, and support migration of content and data from other platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, etc.
- Develop and maintain bespoke applications and custom REST APIs in C# .NET and ReactJS
- Ensure the code you produce is written to meet internal standards, is well documented, and can be easily shared and reused by others
- Own and ensure resolution of assigned defects and support issues, within agreed timescales
- Deliver work on schedule and budget, meeting milestones and estimates
- Collaborate with project teams and with clients to discuss, demonstrate, and advise on work
- Keep up-to-date on technologies related to job role, proactively and as directed
- Contribute to team meetings to share knowledge with the team and company
- Experience with CMS platforms, including Sitecore 7.2+ and/or Umbraco 6+
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including C#, ASP.NET MVC, TSQL, and IIS 7+
- Experience with version control systems, including git, and branch management
- Experience with continuous integration servers, such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, and Jenkins, and running deployments
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a desire to find pragmatic solutions
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on customer service at all times
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Podio, JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Ability and willingness to engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days' annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.