Dog is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Full Stack Web Developer to join our technical practice in Glasgow (working remotely at present), working to create brilliant digital experiences for global brands.
As you will be working on multiple projects at any one time, you must have an aptitude to work independently, learn quickly, and retain domain knowledge. You will be expected to think creatively and clearly communicate options in the face of obstacles. You will be interacting with developers, designers, project managers, and even customers regularly, so a collaborative, client service orientation is required.
We’re looking for someone with at least two years of experience in a similar role. Learning is a core Dog value and training will be given where required. You'll be supported by our senior developers and report directly to our Head of Development.
- Develop and maintain CMS-based websites on Umbraco and Sitecore platforms, and support migration of content and data from other platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, etc.
- Develop and maintain bespoke applications and custom REST APIs in C# .NET and React and Vue
- Ensure the code you produce is written to meet internal standards, is well documented, and can be easily shared and reused by others
- Own and ensure resolution of assigned defects and support issues, within agreed timescales
- Deliver work on schedule and budget, meeting milestones and estimates
- Collaborate with project teams and with clients to discuss, demonstrate, and advise on work
- Keep up-to-date on technologies related to job role, proactively and as directed
- Contribute to team meetings to share knowledge with the team and company
- Experience with CMS platforms, such as Sitecore, Adobe EM, Umbraco, WordPress, or Drupal
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including C# and ASP.NET Core/MVC/Web API
- Strong understanding of full stack development, including the HTTP protocol and REST and SOAP APIs
- Basic understanding of front-end development
- Experience with version control systems, including git, and branch management
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a desire to find pragmatic solutions
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to use standard office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and technical project management tools (Podio, JIRA, Azure DevOps)
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- A positive attitude and focus on customer service at all times
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days' annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.