Dog is looking for talented and enthusiastic middleweight or senior-level frontend web developer to join our technical practice in Glasgow.
Candidates for this role must have experience translating designs into accessible, stateful, component-based code which works across all modern browsers and platforms and conforms to established coding standards and conventions. Candidates should have experience working with code versioning systems and a modern web development stack. Ideally, candidates will also have prior experience with pattern libraries and/or design systems, integrating with content management systems (CMS), writing test-driven code, and architecting single-page application applications.
In addition to technical qualifications, we’re looking for someone who ensures the quality and accuracy of their work, demonstrates commitment to getting the job done, collaborates with others, and communicates proactively.
At Dog, you will become part of a fantastic team of some of the best developers in the business, working to create brilliant digital experiences for global brands. You will be expected to participate in the full life cycle of a project, including scoping, estimation, development, launch and support. As you will be working on multiple projects at any one time, we expect you to work independently, learn quickly, and retain domain knowledge. You will have the opportunity to interact with developers, designers, project managers, and even customers regularly, so a collaborative, client service orientation is required.
We’re seeking someone with at least three years' experience in a similar role. This role reports directly to our Head of Development.
- Significant experience with HTML and CSS, demonstrating a component-based approach which keeps accessibility, cross-browser/platform compatibility, performance, progressive enhancement, and responsiveness in mind
- Experience with Sass for CSS pre-processing and the BEM methodology
- Experience with TypeScript and React and/or AngularJS for single-page applications
- Experience with version control systems, including git and branch management
- Experience building from project requirements, technical documentation, and design specs for testing and development
- Experience with CMS systems such as Umbraco, Sitecore or Drupal
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a desire to find pragmatic solutions
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on customer service at all times
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Podio, JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Experience writing unit tests is a plus
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with the teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.