About Dog Digital
Established in 1996 and with offices in Glasgow, London and Singapore, Dog Digital is an award-winning digital communications agency, specialising in integrated creative digital solutions. Included in our extensive blue-chip client list are L’Oréal, Heineken, The Macallan, UEFA, Bailly Gifford and Aberdeen Standard to name a few.
Role and Responsibilities
We require an experienced Digital Account Director to work with some of our exciting key accounts in financial services, pet care and within luxury drinks. Ideally from an agency background with more than four years experience in a similar client relationship, strategy/planning role or with senior experience of working in a digital or marketing role with a consumer brand. You will be responsible for managing relationships with senior client stakeholders and for growing client engagement activities within key accounts.
Reporting to the Group Account Director, the Account Director will work closely with all internal departments; creative, strategy, planning, marketing, design, development, project management and production to lead the client and formulate, brief, implement and deliver successful digital solutions for our clients.
You will be a strategic thinker, be passionate about digital technology and embrace innovation. You will be required to lead and manage the digital strategy and the commercial approach across your key accounts. You will be able to build and maintain strong relationships and deliver excellent customer service and be able to define client requirements and brief complex technical projects into the team.
You will have a breadth of knowledge across all digital disciplines, including but not limited to knowledge of; CMS systems, web design and build, e-commerce, mobile web and apps, SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing and online advertising.
We need a confident and professional Account Director who would relish playing a major role with some of our most exciting key accounts. You will be a passionate advocate of digital technology, have a can-do attitude and an enthusiasm for delivering excellent creative work. You will be a strong leader who can mentor staff and effectively influence and motivate project teams in a positive manner and able to build respect and trust from colleagues and clients alike. You will be able to prioritise your own workload, be dependable, adaptable, articulate and calm under pressure.
- Ownership of all aspects of key client accounts
- Demonstrable ability to plan and implement commercial and strategic development of client accounts
- Creating new business opportunities within key accounts
- Scoping and documentation of client requirements and able to effectively articulate ideas, solutions and strategic planning
- Being a strategic partner to your clients in their digital activity
- Strong commercial awareness and accurate financial forecasting
- Building strong, enduring relationships with clients and developing senior client contacts
- Supporting new business development activity and pitches
- Solid project management skills
- Rounded knowledge of all digital disciplines
- Motivation and management of direct reports
- Previous digital agency experience
- Previous consumer brand experience
- Relevant marketing experience or qualification
- General understanding of digital technologies / website projects
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, private healthcare, a collaborative and open working environment, and great opportunities for personal development and progression.
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days' annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.