We are on the hunt for an experienced Credit Controller to join our finance team, based in Glasgow City Centre. You will play a central role in our agency, reporting directly to our Financial Controller.
The role holder should be proactive, assertive, calm under pressure with strong communication skills. You’ll be working with every part of our business, dealing directly with our Directors.
You’ll be happy working as part of a team, working collaboratively to deliver accurately as standard. Whilst training will be given on internal systems, we are keen for the role holder to join brimming with ideas that will contribute towards maintaining robust financial controls.
Core requirements for this role are:
- To manage and maintain the AR ledger in Sage
- Produce Sales invoices and credits and issue to clients on a timely basis
- Check coding of all Sales invoices
- Daily Bank reconciliation and posting of entries onto Sage
- Month end review of billing
- Evaluating credit terms for new and existing clients
- Liaising with Customers on a timely basis to resolve any billing queries
- Reconciliation of Sales ledger
- Prepare weekly cashflow file for Financial Controller to review
- Establish strong working relationships with clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Support Purchase ledger as required
- Credit Control & Accounting practical experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise responsibilities
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with senior management
- Experience of Sage would be advantageous
- Experience of Synergist (agency job costing and financial system) would be advantageous
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills would be advantageous
What is life like here?
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere we’re a team who pride ourselves on working well together.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have several Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global; therefore, we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands in beauty, drinks, finance and entertainment.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.
If you’re interested in applying submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Credit Controller Vacancy”.
No agencies please.