We are looking for a Content Strategist to play a big role in developing Dog’s offering in this area. You will have ideas, understand brands and have the abilities to construct a cohesive content strategy with a focus on user or consumer journey and persona development.
Working with internal and external collaborators, you will also plan, oversee and execute the strategy from start to end. Supported by creative and editorial resources, you will be responsible for aligning our brand narratives with the team’s content strategies and editorial decisions. You will also play the role of a creative and an editor, as you conceptualise and produce content assets that resonate with viewers across earned, owned and paid platforms, with the aim of driving business goals.
- Cultivate content marketing strategies targeted at driving our client’s traffic, engagement, generating leads, delivering sales, retaining customers and building brand awareness.
- Develop brand voice to ensure consistency across all content assets.
- Work with internal and external collaborators and creative resources to deliver content assets that are coherent with client brand voice and strategy.
- Track and advance the editorial calendars, and regularly measure and distil progress results to apply data-driven insights to future content strategies.
- Apply SEO, content development, distribution and measurement to effectively tailor content to reach audience personas.
- Work with all digital and social content channels with the understanding of the best content practices on each channel.
- Assist with integrating content strategy and time-specific brand campaigns to drive campaign goals.
- Create and edit content, mobilising storytelling opportunities on all channels — owned, earned and paid platforms.
- Nurture client sector/brand awareness, while gathering knowledge of industry trends.
- Test and implement innovative and relevant methods of measuring content, campaigns and tools, keeping in mind the purpose of the derived results.
- Developing a team approach and integrating the content offering with the creative, design and technical aspects of our clients portfolio
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Skilled at writing and copy editing, including writing in different voices and styles, for a variety of target audiences.
- Experience in project management, and public, media and influencer relations.
- Experience in Marketing, Communications or in a journalist, creative, or media capacity.
- Experience with digital marketing functions including SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, E-mail Marketing and PPC Marketing is a bonus.
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
Our clients are global, therefore we are working on briefs for some of the world’s biggest brands. We work closely with teams in London and Asia, and travel is commonplace.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.