Dog is an independent digital collective combining technology, marketing and creative design. We are looking for IT Support to join our technical team. You will provide day-to-day administration support of Dog’s network, software and all other IT systems and hardware.
We are all individual digital natives in our own right. But we foster a pack mentality for every challenge or opportunity that we are presented with. We have a formidable attitude and value learning. We encourage thoughtfulness and collaboration, and take a straight talking approach to the way we work and how we communicate.
This is an ideal opportunity to join the technical team in Glasgow.
Five qualities for success in this role
The quality of our work is of paramount importance to Dog. As such, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to employees and clients web hosting environments to ensure smooth running of all ICT systems.
- Ensure all aspects of the IT infrastructure perform to agreed SLAs.
- Maintain accurate inventory of IT assets.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of systems installation, configuration and change control standards and procedures.
- Participate in resolution of emergency situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Some out of hours incident handling and resolution when other staff are on holiday or not available.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Essential skills & experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong organisation and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Solid experience of administering Windows AD environments including most recent versions of Windows Server
- Understanding of network protocols and topologies
- Understanding of Internet technologies - TCP/IP and public DNS
- Experience of working with recent Office suite software and Office 365
- Experience of Windows desktop support and administration (Windows 7, 8 and 10) both remote and on site
- Microsoft SQL database administration (2008 r2/2012/2014)
- VmWare vSphere/ESXi (ideally version 5.5)
- Linux server administration
- Switching, routing, firewall configuration
- Some telephony and patching experience
- PowerShell scripting
- IIS configuration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS to a lesser degree) public cloud technologies and offerings
Based in our Glasgow office, you will report to our Systems Administrator and in addition to a competitive salary, will be able to access a yearly training budget, private healthcare, pension, excellent holiday benefits and a relaxed working environment allowing for R&D projects.
Please apply direct to our Head of Development, Pedro Graca, via email with your CV and cover note.
It's a very busy time here at Dog and, while we appreciate all applications, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you!