Expanding our senior team, Dog is looking for a strong Head of Development to lead digital platform delivery, joining the pack at our Head Office in Glasgow.
This is a key role to support the development team of front and back-end developers with technical and process improvement, technical project management, project delivery and line management duties to ensure Dog's high standards are maintained as the company continues to grow.
Working closely with the Head of Technology, Operations Director and Project Management teams, this role will have four main areas of responsibility:
* Direct line manager for 4-5 Senior Developers, carrying out appraisals and general HR duties
* Arranging training programmes - external and internal
* Ensuring work produced by the team meets best practice standards
* Mentoring team members and assisting in technical problem solving
* Generating ideas and opportunities for the team and company as a whole
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft .NET and related technologies
* Understanding of CMS systems in large scale commercial environments (ideally Sitecore or Umbraco)
* Full understanding of the Development Life Cycle for web projects
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Deployment
* Knowledge of Windows Server hosting, Azure, and some infrastructure understanding desireable
* Awareness of security best practice and quality assurance
* At times, you may be required to take a direct lead role on client projects
* Liaison with clients, defining requirements, scoping and planning
* Estimating tasks and populating stories and specifications in Agile form
* On-the-tools development, contributing to the project
* Leading a team of developers on the specific project through the project life cycle
* Project tracking and oversight
* Task and project assignment in liaison with resource manager and schedule
* Recruitment of new team members as required by the business
* Identifying areas for improvement and developing processes
* Ensuring delivery of projects run smoothly, on budget and on schedule
This exciting role will provide a real opportunity for the successful candidate to work with an amazing team in a fully supportive and collaborative environment, where their input and expertise can be put to great use to support Dog's ongoing growth.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, private healthcare, a collaborative and open working environment, and great opportunities for development and progression.
Please send your CV and cover note explaining why you are the right candidate for this job. All information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.