We are looking for a Finance Controller to join our pack. We're offering a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller looking to work in an innovative, dynamic and entrepreneurial business with a strong in-house finance team. Sound interesting? Read on!
Dog is an independent digital collective combining technology, marketing and creative design. Working with global brands from our offices in Glasgow and London, Dog helps organisations grow, evolve and better communicate with their customers and target audiences.
We are looking for a Finance Controller to join our Operations team in Glasgow.
To tell you a little bit about us: We are all individual digital natives in our own right. But we foster a pack mentality for every challenge or opportunity that we are presented with. We have a formidable attitude and value learning. We encourage thoughtfulness and collaboration, and take a straight-talking approach to the way we work and how we communicate. Find out more about us and what drives us.
The role of Finance Controller
As outlined above, this is a great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller looking to work in an innovative, dynamic and entrepreneurial business with a strong in-house finance team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, we are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to run our finance team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the effective financial management of the business, and driving through change to meet the strategic ambitions of the finance function. You’ll also be promoting financial best practices across all aspects of the business and ensuring key controls are implemented and adhered to in the business.
- Identify and review financial controls and ensure effective processes are put in place to manage them.
- Lead the implementation of best practice planning and control techniques, in line with business needs at local and business level
- Work with the business to drive improvement to the cash conversion cycle
- To produce timely month MI with key analysis to drive the business forward
- Ensure all statutory accounts, tax computations and other statutory reporting requirements are filed accurately and on time
- Liaise with the company’s auditors to ensure the preparation of the year-end draft financial statements and all supporting working papers
- Maintain the integrity of the balance sheet and profit and loss ensuring that the Finance Team completes all reconciliations on time and continually review for any risks and opportunities to the business
- Review, and be wholly responsible for, all work produced by Finance team to ensure accuracy
- To be a positive and engaged senior member of the Dog pack
The Ideal Candidate: Skills & attributes
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong written reporting skills
- Agency experience preferable
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and systems literacy
- Experience working in fast paced, quick turnaround environments
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across the organisation
- Flexible attitude towards working commitments.
- Real team player with innate desire to embrace change
What We Offer
- A great working environment within one of the most creative agencies in the UK
- Competitive salary with career progression opportunities
- Full training and support programme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance (4 x annual salary) and other benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Please contact: email@example.com
It's a very busy time here at Dog and, while we appreciate all applications, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you!