Dog is on the look out for a talented back-end web developer to join our amazing technical team in Glasgow.
Dog is looking ahead to growth in 2018, and is interested to hear from talented web developers with back-end CMS skills and experience building best-in-class websites.
Ideally coming with existing Umbraco or Sitecore experience (we're a Gold Implementation Partner!), the successful individual will become part of a fantastic team of some of the best developers in the business, working to create brilliant digital experiences for global brands.
The successful candidate will be expected work hands-on scoping, developing, realising, launching and supporting projects, using a range of server-side technologies and CMS platforms. To work as part of the wider development, project teams, and wider company to advise and collaborate, and to deliver work of a high standard for Dog’s clients.
Five qualities for success in this role
- Development of, and maintenance to, CMS websites on Umbraco and Sitecore platforms, bespoke applications in C# .NET and APIs
- Ensuring code produced by you can be shared and re-used by others where appropriate
- Ensuring your work is written to best practice and passes internal testing and UAT
- Working to project plans, milestones and estimates to deliver projects and changes on time
- Owning and ensuring resolution of assigned support issues, within agreed timescales
- Scoping and estimating of projects and changes within the remit of the technology when required.
- Keeping up-to-date on technologies related to job role, pro-actively and as directed
- Contributing to team meetings to share knowledge with the team and company
- Meeting with clients in general to discuss, demonstrate and advise on project work
- Monitoring own workload to advise, in advance, areas for concern.
- Sitecore 7.2+
- Umbraco CMS 6+
- C#, .NET Web Forms & MVC
- GIT, SourceTree, version control systems
- IIS 7+
Additional skills & attributes
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on customer service at all times
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Podio, JIRA, Synergist etc
- Ability and willingness to engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, private healthcare, a collaborative and open working environment, and great opportunities for development and progression.
Please forward CVs (individuals only - no agencies please!) to firstname.lastname@example.org.